How do you create great products with a Scrum Team?
Are you trying to create a new product or service with Scrum? Has your development team started doing Scrum and you want to know how to work them? Are you trying to get your team and your organization to do Scrum well? Are you dissatisfied with the results you, your team and your organization are getting with Scrum? Are you trying to figure out how to work with your customers and stakeholders, now that you and your team are Agile and doing Scrum?
In this three-day workshop you will:
- Learn Scrum by doing Scrum in a course managed with Scrum!
- Learn to apply Lean Startup and Agile Innovation to your company or product!
- Learn to lead a highly effective Scrum Team!
In this 3 day course, Certified Scrum Trainer and experienced Product Owner Peter Stevens will share with you the mindset, established ‘best’ practices and latest techniques you need to lead Scrum teams effectively to create great products.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (English) [161207-CPO]
|December 07, 2016 -
December 09, 2016
09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
Certified Scrum Product Owner (German) [161214-CPO]
|December 14, 2016 -
December 16, 2016
09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I’m offering is the truth. Nothing more.” Morpheus in The Matrix.
Are you serious about being Agile or doing Scrum? Learning does not stop with the completion of your Scrum course, and indeed, the challenges begin! Join the club of like-minded practitioners — join the Scrum Breakfast Club together with your registration and participate in our workshop Getting Started with Scrum for just CHF 495.– (a value of CHF 1’395 if booked separately)!
Certified Scrum Product Owner Course: CHF 2’975.– per person. SwissICT rebate: 20% of the quantity one price (unless a lower train-the-team price applies).
Train the Team!
Especially attractive prices, because everyone working with a Scrum Team needs to understand Scrum! Price per person as low as CHF 1’875:
- Teams of 9-10 people – CHF 1’875.00
- Teams of 7-8 people – CHF 2’067.50
- Teams of 4-6 people – CHF 2’287.50
- Teams of 2-3 people – CHF 2’672.50
- Individual – 1 person – CHF 2’975.–
Prices are per person. There is no VAT on courses in Switzerland. (Some fees and extras may apply. See the registration form for details).
Are you are a Scrum Breakfast Club Chapter Member? Then your price is calculated as if you had registered one more person than you actually did. So register one, get the rate for two. Register three people, get the rate for four people!
Not a Scrum Breakfast Club member? You can find out more at ScrumBreakfast.club!
Why do you want to be a Scrum Product Owner?
Most Product Owners want to get better results from the Scrum Teams. Better products, better return on investment, projects that are on-time on on-budget, higher team performance, happier stakeholders, and more engaged staff! How can you contribute to achieve great results and have more fun at work?
Why do you want to learn to be a Scrum Product Owner with Peter Stevens?
How many Scrum Trainers have actually been a Scrum Product Owner in a real-life project? How many have taken a web portal online or seen their app published on the app store? And how many live in Zurich?
Peter Stevens has. “My goal is for you to be successful and to have fun, so I take the long view. Your course is the start of a process, not a one-time transaction. So I help you get started, then enable continuing opportunities for you learn, build knowledge, and share experience. As a Zurich-based trainer, I can enable support and community that no traveling trainer can match.”
About Peter Stevens, Certified Scrum Trainer
As an experienced Scrum coach, trainer and mentor with a passion for helping organizations transform themselves to thrive in the 21st century, Peter Stevens have been training Scrum Masters, Scrum Developers and Scrum Product Owners in Switzerland and abroad since 2008. His coaching focus is on Agile Leadership, especially in start ups to medium organizations. “When people finish my courses, their mission is to turn their current project their best project ever!”
“As Product Owner for echobravo, I am confronted myself with the challenges of being a successful Product Owner. I can share real life experiences to help you do your job better. Want to know more about me? Check out my LinkedIn profile.”
Nicht nur Scrum frontal lernen, sondern Scrum auch praktisch und nützlich erleben. Das bietet der Kurs von Peter an! — Ivana Tzschoppe, SBB, Zurich, May 12-14, 2014
What do recent participants say about this course?
Participants are enthusiastic! Net Promoter Score from October 2013 to April 2014: +63%! (Read more about my commitment to top quality courses!). Here’s a selection of recent comments:
- Experienced trainer, well-working course, good food for thought¨ — Felix Schürmann, Head of Computing, EPFL Blue Brain Project, Lausanne, March 31-April 1, 2014
- Even if you are already doing Scrum, you will learn a lot on top. A lot of interaction and knowledge exchange, which is great! – Bianca Tröndle , Zürich Versicherung, August 26-28, 2015.
- Excellent Training! I have never had such an efficient, interesting and open-minded training! — Marcel Barat, Wingo AG, Zurich, March 24-26, 2014
- Der Kurs bewirkte bei mir sehr viele A-Ha Momente und regt mich zum nachdenken an! — Raphael Krauer, Zürich, November 25-27, 2013
- Sensationelle Einführung in die Rolle als Product Owner. Sehr aktiver Unterricht und Einsatz der Scrum Instrumente und Methoden. Man lernt durch machen. Peter hat eine riesen Erfahrung und kann die Faszination dafür vermitteln. — Hubert Williman, Zürich, November 25-27, 2013
- Peter knows his craft and has a lot of practical examples… Oliver Price, Liip AG, Zurich, April 7-9, 2014
- Very Interesting and challenging! — Denise Jakob, Zürich, December 16-18, 2013
- Highly recommended for Product Owners and Future Product Owners! — Eli Ottesen, Zürich, December 16-18, 2013
- A lively course that includes a lot of interaction and real cases — A CSPO Participant, Zürich, December 16-18, 2013
- “In a short time, I’ve learned so much from Peter. He is an excellent instructor and coach. “— Kiet Tran, VP of Customer Development, Business Enterprise Machines, Inc, and CSPO Participant in Washington, DC, July 24, 2013
In this course, you will learn:
- How and Why Scrum Works
- Your rights & responsibilities as Product Owner
- How to Create, Validate and Communicate a clear, compelling vision for your product
- How to identify, prioritize and collaborate with stakeholders
- How to work with the development team
- How to separate “must requirements” from the nice to have
- How to create acceptance from requirements
- How to prioritize new product development, maintenance and non-software work
- How to plan and monitor releases and sprints
- How you can enable to your team to achieve higher performance
- Why automation is your friend
And you will learn about many Agile practices, like User Stories, Personnae, Estimating, Release Planning, Story Points, Definition of Done and Test Driven Development.
After completing this course, you will have the tools to envision, ideate, create, validate, budget, plan, schedule, quote and develop an innovative product and deliver it to your customers!
- Location: Normally Schulungsraum zum Talgarten unless a larger room is needed, in which case we use a hotel near Technopark. See the course registration page for details.
- Duration: 3 days
- Course language – courses available in English and German.
- Coffee & Registration: 8.45am
- Begin: 9.00am
- End: 18.00.
- User Stories Applied; Mike Cohn
- Agile Estimating and Planning; Mike Cohn
- Scrum. Produkte zuverlässig und schnell entwickeln; Boris Gloger; Hanser 2008
- The Lean Startup, Eric Ries
This course is held regularly in Zurich. All dates are guaranteed (even if you are the only participant).
All participants will be asked to prepare by reading a 10 or 15 page introduction to Scrum. During the course, you will have the opportunity to refine your product idea into a vision into a minimum viable product – so bring ideas of what you’d like to create! The following books are recommended as preparation:
All participants who actively participate in the entire course receive a confirmation of participation and qualify for Certification as a Certified Scrum Product Owner by the Scrum Alliance. An additional test is not required. A membership in the Scrum Alliance is included in your course costs. Members of the PMI can claim 22 PDUs for successful completion of this course and apply this course towards meeting the requirement of the ACP.