About Us and How We Do Scrum | Saat Network GmbH
Saat Network founded by Peter Stevens is Enabling Transformation
As a Swiss-American Scrum Trainer, my goal not just to teach Agile values and practices, but to live the values and share the passion that make Scrum special!
See also: Why partner with me on Scrum?
Peter Stevens believes that Agile, Scrum and Lean Startup are transforming the world of work. This transformation is driven by people who are passionate about its potential for their own daily lives. To paraphrase the “Agile Manifesto” for Software Development: “We are uncovering better ways of doing what we do, by doing it and by helping others to do it.”
Peter’s mission is to bring people together who are passionate about this transformation. As a Certified Scrum Trainer, Peter is active in Switzerland, Portugal, Italy and India. His coaching focus is on enabling start-ups to medium-sized organizations to meet the challenges of today’s economy.
Peter has taught Scrum, the Agile mindset, and related practices to thousands of developers, project leaders, product managers, and line managers. His customers include many well known organizations in Switzerland and beyond. In 2012, he co-initiated the Stoos Network to rethink management and in 2015, Peter founded the Scrum Breakfast Club with the objective of establishing a network for learning, networking and deepening understanding of Scrum and related movements.
What can you expect from Peter Stevens?
The Agile Manifesto is an excellent role model, because it emphasizes learning and collaboration, and it provides guidance for those moments “when push comes to shove.” If this statement resonates with you, then you will probably enjoy doing business with us:
We are discovering better ways of running our business, by doing it and helping others to do the same. Through our work, we have come to value:
- Customer relationships over commodity products
- Integrity over short term profits
- Why we do things over what we do
- Collaboration over going it alone
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
“In the 21st Century, there will be two kinds of company. Those who delight their customers, and those who do not. The former will prosper and grow, the later will wither and die.” –Steve Denning, author of The Leaders Guide to Radical Management
Saat, n., German for seed, which is the basis for growth.
Saat Network is a Stoosian company dedicated to helping you learn and apply the values, principles and practices that will enable you to thrive in the 21st century:
- Saat Network’s free workshops on Making the Organization Agile and
- our Certified Scrum Trainings!
- echobravo, our solution for Hotels and Restaurants to master the Social Media Challenge
- eebee, our system to make feedback easy for your conference, meetup, webinar or customer event.
- Scrum Glossary – 62 Terms you should know about Agile, Scrum, and Software Development
- Who needs Scrum Training? Why everyone needs to understand what they are doing with Scrum.
- Getting Ready to Scrum: What happens before the first Sprint Planning Meeting (we used to call this Sprint Zero)
- Estimating: Explaining Story Points to Management
- Cards, Office or Dedicated Tools – picking the right tool for managing Scrum
- Sample Definition of Done – A common understanding assures consistent quality in a Scrum Project.
- The Sprint
- Sprint Planning 1 – What is the best step forward in this sprint?
- Sprint Planning 2 – Pair and Share, or How will we accomplish the this Sprint’s goal?
- Daily Scrum – where self organization happens
- Sprint Review – Inspecting and Adapting the Product
- Retrospective – Inspecting and Adapting the Team
- Product Ownership