Product Owners Lead Scrum Teams to Create Valuable Products!
For Product Owners, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Project and Program Managers, Consultants, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches and Engineers
If you want to develop a new product, connect customer needs with engineering requirements, work with an external software vendor, learn how to lead a product team, improve your processes with Scrum, or understand the role of Product Owner, this course is for you!
Discover the secrets of working in a Scrum Team as Product Owner with Peter B. Stevens, internationally recognized master of Scrum. Take home a plan to improve your product, team or even company!
We are now back to face-to-face classes, limited to 8 participants. If the COVID situation changes, we reserve the right to switch to virtual classes if necessary
All classes guaranteed. If you can book it, there are spaces available. If you book it, the course will be held.
Peter made clear the underlying principles of agile, so rather than the course feeling like reading a book, I felt like I was establishing a new way of thinking.
Great workshop for product practitioners to work effectively with teams.
Although I was already a Scrum enthusiast, Peter managed to revive that initial drive again. I feel much more comfortable in my role as a Scrum Product Owner. I would recommend this class to any aspiring Product Owner!
The class was very interactive and encouraged diverse opinions. I’d recommended this to anyone in Product or Development teams.
- Fulfill your product and schedule commitments?
- Convert your project to Scrum or Agile?
- Achieve higher team performance, happier stakeholders, and more engaged staff?
- Transition from a Business Analyst or Project Manager role?
- Understand or fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the Product Owner role?
- Poor requirements make it hard to get things done
- You and your and team are juggling too many projects
- You are not sure what the customer really wants
- Your timelines shift and interruptions are frequent
- Your team is complaining about the User Stories and/or the Product Backlog
- You are not getting the quality or the performance you want from your Agile team
- You'd like work to be more fun
- Is a two-day interactive, face-to-face workshop about creating great products
- Is taught by Peter Stevens, an active Product Owner
- Is not a repeat of the Scrum Master class
- Does not put you through “death by PowerPoint”
Free gifts: Help convincing your Stakeholders
What you get
In this program you get access to:
- Two days of face-to-face training with Peter Stevens, Certified Scrum Trainer®
- Participant's handbook in printed and electronic form with content and exercises
- Access to repository of course materials, templates, checklists, guides & useful information
- 15 SEUs/PDUs
- 2 year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Recommendation for Certification as a Scrum Product Owner (if you are present in mind and body for the whole class)
- A personalized list of discussion points for improving your project or organization
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunches and breaks
Book with confidence!
All course dates are guaranteed!
Select the package which meets your needs
|Description||Lowest Price, No changes, no refunds||Booking Flexibility|
|Cancellation allowed||No||Up to 15 days before the workshop, full refund*|
|Change of participant allowed||No||up to 3 days before workshop, no charge|
|Postponement to a later date allowed||No||Up to 15 days before the workshop, subject to availability, no charge*|
|Scrum Alliance Membership, Certification and Test Fees||Included||Included|
|Printed Course Book||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color|
|Electronic Course Materials||Yes||Yes|
|Lunch provided at the Venue||Yes||Yes|
|Advance Purchase Required||2 months/1 month||1 day|
|Payment terms||Immediate, by credit card||Before class begin|
|Payment with Purchase Order||No||Service Charge Applies|
|Electronic access to all course materials||Yes||Yes|
|Train The Team Discounts||No||Yes|
|Price (per person, excluding VAT)||CHF 1'695.-- or 1'895.--
See also daily prepaid rates!
Discounts may apply to Standard Economy tickets. To qualify for a discounted price, on time payment by the date stated in the invoice is required.
Discounts on two-day classes and workshops
We grant discounts of CHF 400 to Students, Unemployed, swissICT members, participants paying with their own money, and Mentoring group members on all tickets except "No Frills". We also grant "Train the Team" discounts on Standard Economy Packages, depending on the number of people booked and invoiced together:
- 3 to 6 people: CHF 400.-- per person
- 7 to 9 people: CHF 500.-- per person
- 10 or more people: CHF 600.-- per person
To qualify for a train-the-team discount, all participants must be booked at the same time. If after your initial booking, you wish to book additional participants to the same class, the same discount will be applied as for your initial booking.
* Note: Cancellation is not allowed and postponement is limited if a train the team discount was applied.
In general, if multiple discounts would apply, only the most beneficial discount will be applied. Different discounts apply for two-day classes and workshops.
- Infuse new energy and new ideas into your Scrum project!
- Recognize and address systemic obstacles to achieving your goals
- Lead your team as product owner through every step of the development process, "from idea to done"
- Validate with your customers and stakeholders that you are building the right product
- Collaborate effectively with your team
- Create user stories and prioritize the Product Backlog effectively
- Predict when your product will be ready
- Deliver Value frequently and reliably to your stakeholders
- Serve as a Product Owner in your team
- Qualify for Certification as a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner®
As a long-time Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer, Peter Stevens is a recognized Agile expert who has trained over 2’000 people to transform their world of work for the better. He is the inventor of Personal Agility(tm) and co-author of Personal Agility: Doing More That Matters.
This course satisfies the 2022 update of the Scrum Alliance CSPO Learning Objectives:
- Product Owner Core Competencies
- Goal Setting and Planning
- Understanding Customers and Users
- Validating Product Assumptions
- Working with the Product Backlog
Each course is defined dynamically according to the your needs and those of your fellow participants. Here is a typical program:
Sprint 1 - Scrum Basics
- What do you know about Scrum?
- What do you know about Product Ownership?
- Why Scrum?
- What does a Product Owner do?
Sprint 2 - What does a Product Owner do?
- How does the P-O impact team performance?
- How is a product different than a project?
- What happens when?
Sprint 3 – How to Work with the Backlog
- How to manage requirements in Scrum?
- How to get the backlog ready for implementation?
- How does the Product Owner fit in to the organization?
Sprint 4 – How to Manage and Respond to Change?
- What happens in Sprint Planning?
- Who is responsible for what?
- How to react to change?
- When is something (really) done?
Nicht nur Scrum frontal lernen, sondern Scrum auch praktisch und nützlich erleben. Das bietet der Kurs von Peter an! -- Ivana Tzschoppe, SBB, Zurich, May 12-14, 2014
What do recent participants say about this course?
Participants are enthusiastic! Net Promoter Score from October 2013 to April 2014: +63%! (Read more about my commitment to top quality courses!). Here's a selection of recent comments:
- Experienced trainer, well-working course, good food for thought¨ -- Roland Lüthi in Zürich, August 2018
- I thought the class size, room and hotel worked really well. Along with the materials I feel like I received value for money all things considered. -- Richard Kearney in Zürich, July 2018
- It was an amazing class. I learn a lot about scrum. -- Meera Kaneswaran in Zürich, June 2018
- Thanks peter ! You are a great mentor, I wish to connect with you in future. -- Rahul Rajpal in Delhi, April 2018
- Great organizing and outstanding expert. -- Naveen Shekar in Bangalore, April 2018
- Thanks for a great 3 days - money and time well spent! -- participant in Zurich, March 2018
- Thank you for these amazing three days. -- Stefan Steiner in Zurich, March 2018
- I learned A LOT in these three intense days! It was well organized and the program was very diversified. I found the exchanges with the pairing partner very helpful for the learning process. Thank you, Peter! -- participant in Bern, January 2018
- I enjoyed the course and feel its time well invested.-- participant in Zürich, February 2018