Scrum for Managers
Learn the biggest secret in management today!
“In the 21st Century, there will be two kinds of company. Those who delight their customers and those who do not. The former will prosper and thrive, the latter will be challenged to survive.”
— Steve Denning, author of The Leaders Guide to Radical Managment
Just over a decade ago, a set of major management breakthroughs occurred. These breakthroughs enabled software development teams to achieve both disciplined execution and continuous innovation, something that was hitherto impossible to accomplish with traditional management methods.
Over the last decade, these management practices, including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean and others, have been field-tested and proven in thousands of organizations around the world. Radical Management℠ distills, builds on and extends these principles, practices and values so that the entire organization can now achieve to apply the magic combination of disciplined execution and continuous innovation.
This course combines Scrum with Radical Management to teach you how to adopt and apply these practices in your organization. As a manager, you will understand your role in a Scrum organization, and as a leader or visionary, you will understand where to take your organization, why your organization must change, and how to lead change from anywhere in the organization.
This course teaches you Radical Management in a Scrum context. Scrum is often a first step to Radical Management; the software development or IT department is the Scrum Early Adopter – then the IT management and rest of the organization they need to change as well, so the organization can thrive in the 21st century.
This course takes you beyond Scrum to learn essential principles and practices for competing successfully in the 21st century marketplace. Disruptive Innovation. Delighting The Customer. Principle and practices to take your organization into the 21st century!
Offering a career-changing experience for anyone dissatisfied with the rigidities of traditional management, this leadership course is for:
- Agile leaders and coaches wanting to convert the entire organization to Agile
- Business leaders needing to understand Agile management or achieve continuous innovation
- Public sector leaders seeking the agility to “do more for less”
- Entrepreneurs wanting to grow their startups without losing agility
About Peter Stevens, Certified Scrum Trainer, Recognized Radical Management Trainer
Peter Stevens is a founder of RadicalManagement.org and the Stoos Network, a global movement to catalyze a lasting change in management. An entrepreneur and Certified Scrum Trainer, he works with individuals and companies in Europe and around the world to introduce agility, become more effective and profitable, and have more fun at work.
As an experienced Scrum coach, trainer and mentor with a passion for helping organizations transform themselves to thrive in the 21st century, Peter Stevens have been training Scrum Masters, Scrum Developers and Scrum Product Owners in Switzerland and abroad since 2008. His coaching focus is on helping organizations transform.
No special prerequisites. Familiarity with IT is helpful. All participants are expected to read a 10 page introduction to Radical Management by Steve Denning and a 10 page excerpt of “Do Better Scrum” by Peter Hundermark.
- Five Principles of Radical Management
- The Prime Directive: Delight the Customer!
- Role of the Manager: from Controller to Enabler
- Catalyzing change: Leadership Storytelling
- User Centered Design and Acceptance Test Driven Design
- Hands-on experience doing Scrum and Radical Management
Scrum For Managers
- History of Management
- The Manager in a Scrum Context
- Disruptive Innovation
- Customer Delight – Why is it essential? How do you measure it? How do you achieve it?
- Role of the manager: What do managers do in a modern organization?
- Agile Transformations: How do make Finance or HR Agile?
- Leading change: how to cause change without top down authority?
- Location: Training Room “Zürich-West”, Hardturmstrasse 181, CH-8005 Zürich
- Duration: 1 day (plus 2 more days if you need our Intense Certified Scrum Master 2-day course)
- Language: Courses are offered in German and English. Check the calendar for details.
- Coffee & Registration: 9.00am
- Begin: 9.30am (prompt!)
- End: 18.00 (6pm)
This course is held regularly in Zurich. All dates are guaranteed (even if you are the only participant).
Members of the PMI can claim 7 PDUs for successful completion of this course and apply this course towards meeting the requirement of the ACP. All participants who actively participate in the entire course may receive a confirmation of participation.
The MasterClass Workshop on Scrum, Vision and Performance enables you to understand and improve the performance of your team or organization, given that you are doing Scrum, Kanban or other Radical Management approach.