What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you book a course, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, open a support ticket or enter information on our site. We log system information, like your IP address, as part of routine operation of the system.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information you supply is transmitted to us by encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We do our best to keep your data secure, however the system is not intended for storing and transmitting highly sensitive information. If you need a secure channel to the New York Times, this is not a suitable system for that purpose.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All payments are processed through a gateway provider; credit card numbers and the corresponding security codes are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Operate the system. Our system is based on WordPress, and WordPress requires cookies to provide user specific information.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, you can choose to turn off all cookies, or you can delete cookies when you exit your browser. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different and browsers may offer different functionality, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We do not publish third party advertisements on our site.
We use third party services to provide essential functions on the site. These include social media sharing, captcha’s, analytics, accounting, streaming, user mailings, and backup. For example, we use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to evaluate system usage and performance.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
As per the requirements of CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days or recognizing a data breach.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
We confirm the following:
- All our recipients receive email from us because they have asked for it (“opt-in”) or in the course of a business relationship with them.
- We do not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We identify advertisements as advertisements in some reasonable way.
- We include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- We monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from the respective correspondence.
Saat Network GmbH
Last Edited on 2018-05-15