Pre-Order Personal Agility: Unlocking Higher Purpose, Alignment and Performance (book)13-02-2019
Fourth Scrum Ambassadors Retreat Fall 201904-07-2019
Ten Agile Contracts – Electronic Edition
CHF49.95 – CHF95.00
Find out how to get beyond Fixed-Price, Fixed-Scope contracts to have the product developed that you need, when you need it!
Are the “Agile Guys” in your company telling you that everything is different now that you are doing Agile software development or Scrum? Indeed, “Agile” has revolutionized how we develop software products. “Customer collaboration over contract negotiations,” they tell you. But, as a customer or supplier of software services, you know that there is too much at stake to work with just a verbal agreement.
Physical Edition available now! Order an actual, physical book on this page!
Every project is a leap of faith. Agile frameworks, with their disdain for fixed-price, fixed-scope projects, feel like an even bigger leap of faith. At the start of a project you don’t know what you’re going to get at the end. That’s actually a good thing, and this book will explain why.
This book tells you what you need to know to create the right contract for your project. This book is not about legalese. Instead, it will enable you to:
- Understand the risks of a project and to mitigate those risks
- Understand enough of the software development process to be an informed customer
- Understand “Agile,” “Scrum” and the related terminology
- Understand the different contract types and the behaviors they encourage
- Create playing rules that enable customer and supplier to collaborate effectively and build the right product together
- Create a contract based on proven approaches to collaboration within or across company boundaries
I close with a list of recommendations for your next contract based on my experience with million-dollar Scrum projects. And check out the glossary for a list of over 60 commonly used terms in the Agile community.
Prices range from Free to 95 CHF per book. How much value does this book represent to you? Here are some price points:
- Must be in my library: CHF 49.95
- Is a must have for my stakeholder: CHF 95.00
Prices exclude VAT if appropriate.
Pick your price for the electronic edition!
What does a Client Service Manager need to know about contracts? What does a Counsel or a Purchasing Manager need to know about Scrum?
What has changed? What does it mean for procurement and sales? What do you need to know? How can the contract help you achieve a good result? What are the traps to avoid?
A lightweight guide to contracting for your next Agile software project!
Ten Agile Contracts explains:
- The purpose of a contract
- What are Scrum and Agile and how they are different
- How to evaluate a contract
- Ten risks that could sink your project
- Ten contracts you could apply to your next project
- A summary of each contract form, with its purpose, risk and reward characteristics, the customer relationship they encourage, and why you might or might not want to use it
- A helpful glossary of Scrum and Agile terms, so non-agilists can understand the conversations
- And much more!
Are you involved in developing software for hire? Then this book is for you!
- Are you in the software service industry?
You might be a Client Service Manager, Key Account Manager, or a Business Development Manager.
- Are you developing software for external (or internal) customers?
You might be a Web Developer, Freelancer, Scrum Master, Project Manager, Product Owner, Sales Manager, Consultant, Pre-Sales Consultant or some other role in the value zone.
- Are you having software developed by an outside supplier?
You might be a Company Owner, Department Head, Line of Business Manager, Purchasing Manager, Project Manager, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Agent or anyone who needs software to make their business happen.
- Are you advising a potential customer or supplier on contracts matters?
You might be a General Counsel or Corporate Counsel or other legal professional.
is under evaluation, is worth a symbolic contribution, might be helpful someday, is very useful, is necessary for my job, makes my job much easier!, must be in my library, is a must-have for my stakeholder, is a must-have for 10 of my stakeholders
Deutsch / German, English
CHF0.00 – CHF100.00