Leadership Circles with Peter Stevens
Are you leading or driving an agile transition in your department or company?
An agile Leadership Circle is ideal for you if:
An agile Leadership Circle is ideal for you if, regardless of your job title, you are a mover and shaker in your company’s agile transition! Would you like to:
- Learn from other leaders like yourself?
- Get help with your transition challenges?
- Discuss specific challenges your peers?
- Develop & cultivate your own Agile Mindset?
- Reinforce your own motivation and share your successes?
Would you like access to an expert? Would you like access to a group of experts?
You can join a community of like-minded leaders. Facilitated by Peter Stevens, we celebrate our successes and collaborate to solve our problems:
- You and maybe your organization are striving to change from classical leadership to Agile self-organization
- Parts of your organization may be moving (or not) at different speeds towards agility
- You need an experienced, independent perspective on the challenges you are facing
- You want to reduce the risks of your Agile transition
Currently there are three Circles, each with a different focus
- Changing to Agile in my Company or Department
- Changing to Agile in my Company or Department – German Speaking
- Being agile while building things, not Software
The circles qualify as “Mentoring from a CST” if you are working toward the Scrum Alliance Certification as Team Coach (CTC). And… I am open to forming new circles!
What you bring
- You have leadership role, e.g. Director, Program Manager, Product Owner, Scrum Master or other formal or informal leadership role in your company
- You are directly or indirectly responsible for 30 to 300 people, or possibly more
- You are serious about wanting to create a high performance team or organization in your organization
- You can commit to participate actively
- You are keen to build on previous Agile training (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Management 3.0, SAFe, Personal Agility).
What you get
When you sign up, your membership extends 12 months from the month of the next online session. During this time, you get:
- Access to our monthly leadership call with Peter Stevens. Approximately 2 hours per month. Discussions are held in the “Mastermind” format. The “monthly” call is held every four weeks, with exceptions during Swiss summer vacation and the end-of-year holidays.
- Attendance to attend our semi-annual Retreats without charge*
- Access to a community Trello board to manage and prioritize discussion topics. Bring any question you want.*
- Access to a private forum to discuss and collaborate between sessions*
- CHF 590 Discount on all CSM or CSPO packages (except “No Frills” prices)
- Right to attend Peter Stevens online PAS Workshops (worth CHF 990.– per workshop)*
- Access to Peter Stevens’ CSM & CSPO Materials*
*The first day of a course or retreat must take place during your membership period. Discounts are not cumulative with other offers. The Agile Retreat includes the venue and the event program, but does not include travel, accommodation or optional events. Signing up for a single session or free trial only enables you to participate in the call.
Save the dates!
Our next retreats are scheduled for:
- November 2-5, 2018 in Switzerland – with Special Guest: Bernhard Sterchi
- April 5-8, 2019 in TBD, Europe
- September, 2019 in TBD, Europe
Safety and Guarantee
Our goal is to ensure that each circle is a safe space to discuss real challenges. We keep direct competitors out of the same circles, and we discourage vendors and customers of a particular service (e.g. Agile Coaching) from participating in the same circles.
If you are not completely satisfied, you can ask for a full refund within 15 days after your first session!
Please contact us if you have questions.
Every 4 weeks we get together for an online meetup with peers — people like you — and an expert — Peter Stevens, CST — to discuss your challenges and find solutions. The format is simple:
- Review last month’s issues, what actually happened, whether it solved the problem and what next steps are needed next
- Celebrate successes
- You and your peers propose and prioritize discussion topics (we use a Trello board for this)
- You present challenges, listen to ideas, possible causes, and possible solutions, and then select the most promising approach(es)
Every 6 months, we hold a weekend retreat in an attractive location (which is usually warm). The format is informal open space to discuss face-to-face your challenges, find solutions, build camaraderie and develop ideas together.
What you can expect
“I will help you on your voyage. As an experienced Scrum trainer and coach, I have helped many organizations, teams and individuals discover Agility and transform themselves. As co-author of Personal Agility, Do More that Matters, I have explored the Agile Mindset and have a deep understanding of how to build alignment around Agility.
“I will do my best to help you achieve your goals. You get access to my know-how and my materials. You make the decisions. And I will support you, moving forward, regardless of the decisions that you take.”
By participating in this program you will:
- Learn from peers and experts about how to apply the Agile mindset to real life situations
- Get multiple ideas how to handle real-life challenges
- Find out in follow-up discussions what worked and what didn’t
- Bond with your peers at our Agile retreats.
- Achieve better outcomes, faster
Q: When and how do the calls take place?
A: Our calls are scheduled as a recurring appointment, every 4 weeks on the same day of the week and at the same time. There is no call during the Summer School Vacation in Zurich (weeks 29 to 33) or the winter holiday season (weeks 1, 52 and 53). If a call falls on a legal holiday in the Canton of Zurich (like Good Friday), we will move the session to the Wednesday before or the corresponding day the week afterwards.
Q: What tools or accounts are required?
A: Our conferencing system is Zoom.us (client required). We manage the request backlog in Trello, and we use our own server for the forum and video sharing. Some companies may block access to these services. Using private infrastructure is often the path of least resistance to overcome this issue.
Q: Can I participate when I am traveling?
I recommend a quiet, private space where you can talk in confidence and focus on the session. A reliable Internet connection is essential. Trains and planes generally do not satisfy any of these expectations. If the hotel Internet is good enough, there is no reason not to participate from there.
Q: I have a busy schedule – Can I reschedule if there are conflicts?
A: Your participation is important. A Leadership Circle only works if the leaders are present, so you are expected to commit to being present. Due to the number of people involved, it is not possible to reschedule because we are unlikely to find a suitable time for everyone. There is no refund or compensation for missed sessions.
Q: I understand the calls are recorded. Will they be published?
A: We do record the calls. With your registration, you agree that we may do so. We do not publish identifiable information about you without your consent. If you feel you said something that should be deleted from the record, you can request this. We will edit the video and delete the original. We may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
Q: Who else will be in the call?
A: Other people like yourselves. You will know the members of your circle and their employers. Each circle has its own call. We avoid the situation where direct competitors are in the same circle. We also avoid the situation where consumers and vendors of the same service (e.g. Agile coaching) are in the same circle. The forum is semi-private. Only members of a Circle have access, but there is only one forum for all circles.
All packages come with a 15-day money back guarantee! If you are not happy with the program, you can get a full refund up to 15 days after the beginning of the program.