Online Mentoring with optional co-training for aspiring CST’s
Becoming a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer is a challenging path. The Alliance does not recruit trainers – you strive to become one! Many people go before the approval committee several times before being accepted.
Mentoring is essential, but finding CST mentors can be difficult and expensive. Sometimes it is even difficult to find someone who will answer your emails!
Do you want to “fly over the bar”? If you do, I want to help you! This program is for people who are serious about becoming a CST. I have been teaching Scrum since 2008 and a CST since 2012. It took me 3 appeals to get accepted. I want your voyage to be easier than mine!
What you can expect
I will help you on your voyage. I will only accept you if you are ready to start. When you have demonstrated that you can “safely fly the airplane” I will give you a serious recommendation.
I will make it clear what I expect for you to qualify. I will not string you along nor do I expect you to substitute for my own sales and marketing activities.
What you bring
- You are serious about becoming a CST
- You have read and understood the criteria for becoming a Certified Scrum Trainer according to the Scrum Alliance
- You have taught at least one CSM-like course
- You have prepared your training materials to teach a CSM
- You have humility about your own knowledge and willingness to learn from others
- You have a willingness to share and support other Aspirants on their voyage
If you want to co-train and teach more than 50% of the class…
- You can organize CSM courses and attract at least 10 participants each
Earning your recommendation
I do not guarantee recommendation. To earn a recommendation from me, you must:
- Be fully committed to the co-training process when we are together
- Observe me teach one CSM class and debrief it with me.
- Co-train at least one class with me. Your goal is to convince me that you can engage a class and that you can tell authentic stories and answer real questions about applying Scrum. You will lead at least one section. Again, we will debrief thoroughly.
- Demonstrate that you can fly over the bar by teaching a CSM class with me. Although this is technically a cotraining, you take charge of the entire course, from first customer contact to final follow-up.
The best way to reach me, Peter Stevens, is through the online contact form.
- Basic Package: Includes all standard services listed below.
- Optional Packages: 1 on 1 Mentoring. Co-Training with your customers.
Note: To qualify for a recommendation, you must observe at least one of my courses and co-train with me for two of your courses. Co-training in my courses is only possible in exceptional cases.
What you get
- Access to monthly supervision & “peer-vision” call with Peter Stevens and fellow CST aspirants. Approximately 1 to 1.5 hours per month. Ask any question you want during this call.
- Right to attend my public CSM or CSPO classes or online workshops as an observer (worth CHF 950 to 2’510, per course depending on the course and venue)
- Right to attend my online PAS Personal Agility System Workshops (worth CHF 1’000 per workshop)
- Access to my CSM & CSPO Materials
- Access to community Trello board, Forum and Slack channel for easy communication and discussion
- My commitment to help you get ready
- My commitment to recommend you as soon as you are ready
- Clear guidance on how to improve if I am not ready to recommend you.
- Right to attend CST Aspirants Summit
- My help in finding other co-training opportunities
Additionally you can choose additional support:
- 1 on 1 Mentoring: Monthly call with me with my full attention!
- Co-Training with your customers for a fixed price.
Fine print: I reserve the right to limit the number of observers in my public classes.
Application to the program
If the following google form does not display properly, you can view it natively here.
For information and pricing
The best way to reach me, Peter Stevens, is to ask about the CST Mentoring Program through the online contact form.