Certified Scrum Product Owner Training: Leading Innovation From Idea to Done
Create great products with your Scrum Team!
For Product Owners, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Project and Program Managers, Consultants, Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches
How do you know if this workshop is for you? Would you like to…
- Fulfill your product and schedule commitments?
- Convert your project to Scrum or Agile?
- Achieve higher team performance, happier stakeholders, and more engaged staff?
- Transition from a Business Analyst or Project Manager role?
- Understand or fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the Product Owner role?
This course is ideal for you if:
- Poor requirements make it hard to get things done
- You and your and team are juggling too many projects
- You are not sure what the customer really wants
- Your timelines shift and interruptions are frequent
- Your team is complaining about the User Stories and/or the Product Backlog
- You are not getting the quality or the performance you want from your Agile team
- You’d like work to be more fun
What this workshop is and is not
- Is a three-day interactive, face-to-face workshop about creating great products
- Is taught by Peter Stevens, an active Product Owner
- Is not a repeat of the Scrum Master class (though it may refresh you on the basics if you need it)
- Does not put you through “death by PowerPoint”
Free gifts: Help convincing your Stakeholders
What you get
In this program you get access to:
- Three-day face-to-face training with Peter Stevens, Certified Scrum Trainer®
- 100 page Participant’s handbook in printed and electronic form with content and exercises
- Access to repository of course materials, templates, checklists, guides & useful information
- 22 SEUs/PDUs
- 2 year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Recommendation for Certification as a Scrum Product Owner (if you meet the conditions)
- A personalized list of discussion points for improving your project or organization
- Certificate of attendance
Optional services. Depending on the package select, you may also get:
- Lunch at the venue
- Support for your voyage: 1, 6 or 12 months access to Peter Stevens’ Online Group Mentoring Programm
- Access to Peter Stevens’s Agile Retreats
- A private online mentoring session with Peter Stevens
Book with confidence!
All course dates are guaranteed!
|Certified Scrum Product Owner (English) [180704-CPO]||July 04, 2018 - |
July 06, 2018, 09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
|Certified Scrum Product Owner (English) [180829-CPO]||August 29, 2018 - |
August 31, 2018, 09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
|Certified Scrum Product Owner (English) [181219-CPO]||December 19, 2018 - |
December 21, 2018, 09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
|No-Frills||Standard Economy||Premium Economy||Standard Business Service||Extended Business Service|
|Description||Lowest Price, No frills, No changes, no cancellations||Booking Flexibility||Support for your first step on the road to a high performance team||Support on the road to a high performance team||Long Term Support on the road to a high performance team|
|Scrum Alliance Membership and Test Fees||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Printed Course Book||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color|
|Lunch provided at the Venue||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Advance Purchase Required||60 days||1 day||1 day||1 day||1 day|
|Payment by credit card||No extra charges||No extra charges||No extra charges||No extra charges||No extra charges|
|Payment with Purchase Order||No||No||Possible||Possible||Possible|
|Electronic access to all course materials||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Online Group Mentoring with Peter Stevens||No||No||One Session||6 Sessions||12 Sessions|
|Weekend Agile Retreat||No||No||390.-||up to 1||up to 2|
|Online One-on-One Mentoring with Peter Stevens||No||No||No||No||One 50-Minute Session|
|Freed from VAT||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Price||CHF 1’895.–||CHF 2’995.–||CHF 3’095.–||CHF 3’895.–||CHF 5’395.–|
Prices exclude VAT where applicable. Discounts may apply on all tickets except “No Frills”.
We grant discounts of CHF 590 to Students, Unemployed, swissICT members, self-payers, and Mentoring group members on all tickets except “No Frills”. We also grant “Train the Team” discounts on Standard and Premium Economy Packages, depending on the number of people booked and invoiced together:
- 3 to 6 people: CHF 690.– per person
- 7 to 9 people: CHF 910.– per person
- 10 or more people: CHF 1’100.– per person
If multiple discounts would apply, only the most beneficial discount will be applied.
- Infuse new energy and new ideas into your Scrum project!
- Recognize and address systemic obstacles to achieving your goals
- Lead your team as product owner through every step of the development process, “from idea to done”
- Validate with your customers and stakeholders that you are building the right product
- Collaborate effectively with your team
- Create user stories and prioritize the Product Backlog effectively
- Predict when your product will be ready
- Deliver Value frequently and reliably to your stakeholders
- Serve as a Product Owner in your team
- Qualify for Certification as a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner®
As a long-time Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer, Peter Stevens is a recognized Agile expert who has trained over 2’000 people to transform their world of work for the better. He is the inventor of Personal Agility(tm) and co-author of Personal Agility: Doing More That Matters.
This course satisfies the 2017 update of the Scrum Alliance CSPO Learning Objectives:
- Scrum Foundations
- The Role of the Product Owner
- Purpose and Strategy
- Understanding Customers and Users
- Testing Product Assumptions
- Working with the Product Backlog
Each course is defined dynamically according to the your needs and those of your fellow participants. Here is a typical program:
Day 1 – Scrum Foundations and The Product Owner
- What does it mean to be Agile and why would you want to be Agile?
- What are the core principles of Scrum?
- How to work together effectively?
- What does a Product Owner do?
- What does a Product Owner not do?
- What are the qualities of a good Product Owner?
- How to monitor progress?
- What happens when?
- How to manage requirements in Scrum?
- How to get stakeholders to agree on priorities?
Day 2 – The Product Owner and the Organization
- How is a project different than a product?
- What is slowing down your project?
- How to get a team to self-organize?
- How do you work with customers and stakeholders?
- How does the Product Owner fit into the organization?
- How to react to change and tight deadlines?
- How does the P-O impact performance?
Day 3 – From the Idea to the (Minimum Viable) Product
- How do you craft and validate a vision?
- When is something (really) done?
- Which features must be present?
- Which MVP will we build?
- How do you create a product backlog from a vision?
- How to get the backlog ready for implementation?
- Sprint! Create your MVP
- What will you do when you get back to the office?
Nicht nur Scrum frontal lernen, sondern Scrum auch praktisch und nützlich erleben. Das bietet der Kurs von Peter an! — Ivana Tzschoppe, SBB, Zurich, May 12-14, 2014
What do recent participants say about this course?
Participants are enthusiastic! Net Promoter Score from October 2013 to April 2014: +63%! (Read more about my commitment to top quality courses!). Here’s a selection of recent comments:
- Experienced trainer, well-working course, good food for thought¨ — Felix Schürmann, Head of Computing, EPFL Blue Brain Project, Lausanne, March 31-April 1, 2014
- Even if you are already doing Scrum, you will learn a lot on top. A lot of interaction and knowledge exchange, which is great! – Bianca Tröndle , Zürich Versicherung, August 26-28, 2015.
- Excellent Training! I have never had such an efficient, interesting and open-minded training! — Marcel Barat, Wingo AG, Zurich, March 24-26, 2014
- Der Kurs bewirkte bei mir sehr viele A-Ha Momente und regt mich zum nachdenken an! — Raphael Krauer, Zürich, November 25-27, 2013
- Sensationelle Einführung in die Rolle als Product Owner. Sehr aktiver Unterricht und Einsatz der Scrum Instrumente und Methoden. Man lernt durch machen. Peter hat eine riesen Erfahrung und kann die Faszination dafür vermitteln. — Hubert Williman, Zürich, November 25-27, 2013
- Peter knows his craft and has a lot of practical examples… Oliver Price, Liip AG, Zurich, April 7-9, 2014
- Very Interesting and challenging! — Denise Jakob, Zürich, December 16-18, 2013
- Highly recommended for Product Owners and Future Product Owners! — Eli Ottesen, Zürich, December 16-18, 2013
- A lively course that includes a lot of interaction and real cases — A CSPO Participant, Zürich, December 16-18, 2013
- “In a short time, I’ve learned so much from Peter. He is an excellent instructor and coach. “— Kiet Tran, VP of Customer Development, Business Enterprise Machines, Inc, and CSPO Participant in Washington, DC, July 24, 2013