Jumpstart your transformation or reboot your transformation!
The reason for doing Scrum is to create high-performing teams. Our package is designed so you can quickly achieve the performance goals that you wish to achieve for your organization through Scrum and Agility. Whether your final destination is Scrum, Kanban, Spotify model, SAFe, LeSS or something else, this “Jumpstart” will enable you to active your teams and start on the road to high performance.
“Every development project produces two results. The most obvious result is the product or service that will benefit the organization and/or its customers. Equally important is the team and organization that create the product. A high performance Team has all the skills and authority necessary to deliver value to the organization frequently and reliably. The role of leadership and management is to provide clear vision, direction and support so that high performance teams can emerge.
“For a long time I believed the best way to start is with a Scrum product team, then bring the management along. The more successful approach has been to start with leadership and follow quickly with the first product team. The leadership team (also known as Transition Team or Impediments Resolution Team) is a Scrum team, whose job it is to resolve impediments quickly and implement the vision for a better organization.”
– Peter Stevens, CST
An agile approach can enable you to generate twice the value with half the effort, or it can be an alibi-exercise that produces little or no real benefit.
The optimal result is high alignment on the vision, identification of key challenges and possible solutions, and definition of next steps to both the first product team and the transition team. Everyone knows what it means to be agile and how to do Scrum. So an in-house course is both a training and a workshop, and the result is a vision and action plan for improving your department, organization or company!
What you bring
An in-house Scrum training and support package with Peter Stevens is optimal for you if:
- You want to achieve an improvement in your organization’s performance
- You and your leadership are willing to contribute to the solution
- Scrum and other agile methods should be the basis for the solution
- You want a pragmatic approach
- You want time to go into company specific issues
- You want support after the end of the class
- Your Sponsor — the person who authorizes the money. This person must have enough influence to enable changes to the organization.*
- Your Project Leader — usually the person responsible for the development project.
- Your (future) Product Development Team
- Your (future) Transition Team/Impediments Resolution Team – usually first level managers and (future) Scrum Masters
* The Sponsor and other influencers may chose to only attend the morning sessions of the class. The Sponsor must serve as Product Owner for the Sprint on the final course day.
“We wish our managers had participated actively in the training. They would have gotten so much value! And it would have demonstrated their commitment to our Agile journey.”
— Frequent observation of participants after in-house scrum training
What you get
- Preparation: 1 day of coaching for the Project Leader and the Sponsor
- Training: Learn Scrum by doing Scrum, or what everyone needs to know about Scrum and Agile
- Transformation workshop as part of the training to launch the Scrum transition team and take first steps to achieving your vision for the organization
- Follow up: an additional day of coaching for the Project Leader and the Sponsor
- Long-term support: Membership in the Leadership Circle for the sponsor and project leader
Results of this package
“We’ve already started doing SCRUM on our projects. Our project’s customers are already loving it by the way they feel involved. It’s amazing, how 3 days can dramatically change our everyday routines and have immediate results!!”
– Carlos Martins, WeDo Technologies, Braga, Portugal
What do you get out of the workshop? Your launch your departmental or corporate transformation program with:
- High alignment between leadership and operational staff
- Practical solutions for the most pressing issues (and you get to decide what those issues are)
- A motivated leadership team ready to address your challenges
- A motivated operational team that supports the change goals
- Optional: all participants can qualify for certification as a Certified Scrum Master®
- A customized, prioritized list of impediments that prevent your organization from performing better — that you start working on right away!
- Long-Term Support through Peter Stevens’ exclusive Leadership Circles
Free gifts: Help convincing your Stakeholders