Taj Samudra Hotel, Colombo25-02-2020
This course is scheduled to be friendly to people in European, African time zones, and potentially doable for Asian and Pacific time zones. Times are listed in Central European Time.
How to get ready for an online class
To participate in an online class, you will need access to the following:
- A computer with a webcam and a headset.
- A quiet location (connecting from a train, airport or other public place will not be satisfactory).
- An stable Internet connection (4G, DSL, Cable or Fibre).
Ensure the microphone has good sound quality so people can understand you and enjoy listening to you. If your internet access has data limits, ensure you have at least 10GB per day of class, i.e. 20GB for a 2 day class and 30GB for a 3 day workshop.
Verify that your computer is ready
- Ensure the zoom.us client is installed on your computer
- Make sure you have installed the last release of zoom. There are frequent updates, so please update
- Ensure you have web access to (click on the links to test):
- Ensure that you have Telegram installed on your computer or phone (you’ll get a link to join the group chat)
Some companies may block these with at the firewall, but access to these services is essential to complete the class. The easiest work-around is usually to use a private computer and internet connection. Sometimes the corporate IT will allow a limited exception for the duration of the program. Kindly contact us if you have issues.
You will get a Dropbox link to print the course book for use during class. Most people prefer to print it themselves, though some people are able to take their notes directly in a PDF file.
How to prepare for the class
Getting the technology working
Have confidence in class! We offer a practice session to make sure the technology works and you are familiar with it so that you can be effective. This is usually scheduled 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
For a Scrum Class
Same as always, except for one additional step
- Read the Scrum Guide
- Read the Agile Manifesto
- Print a copy of the coursebook (90 pages, black and white is fine. I would suggest putting it in a binder)
For a Personal Agility Workshop
- Read the Guide To Personal Agility
- Print the Starter Kit
- Make sure you have the sticky notes, pens, crayons so you can create your PAS Priorities Map
Are you committed to making the class a success?
You must be present for the entire class and your camera must be active during the lessons with adequate lighting so we can see your face during the class. We may ask you to confirm your attendance during the class:
We suggest you join the class 15 minutes before it starts so you can make sure that everything works and we can start on time to use the time effectively.