Certified Scrum Master Training: Foundations of High-Performance Teams (2 days)
Until the Coronavirus stay-at-home orders are lifted, all courses will be held online. Check this guide for information about getting ready for an online class.
A course for anyone involved in a Scrum Project
ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Managers, Developers, Testers, Change Agents, Business Analysts, Consultants, Project and Program Managers
How do you know if this workshop is for you?
Would you like to…
- Apply Scrum or Agile in your team(s) or project?
- Deliver something to your customers or stakeholders?
- Improve the reliability, predictability, and performance of your development efforts?
- Reduce the noise and other impediments to project success?
- Become part of the world’s largest most active Scrum community?
This course is ideal for you if:
- You suffer constantly changing and conflicting priorities
- Your timelines shift and interruptions are frequent
- Your organization doesn’t want to change
- You are under pressure to deliver faster or to use Scrum and Agile
- You are not getting the quality or the performance you want from Scrum or Agile
- You’d like work to be more fun
What this workshop is and is not
- Is a two-day interactive, face-to-face workshop.
- Is taught by Peter Stevens, an active practitioner of Scrum and Agile
- Is about helping you achieve your goals in an agile context
- Does not put you through “death by PowerPoint”
- Is not trying to sell you on Scrum or Agile
This workshop will be fun, interactive and informative, and often sells out. All course dates are guaranteed!
Note: starting March 12, 2020, this will only be offered as a two-day workshop. For classes before that date, see the old course description for details.
Free gifts: Help convincing your Stakeholders
What you get
In this program you get access to:
- Two-day face-to-face training with Peter Stevens, Certified Scrum Trainer®
- Participant’s handbook in printed and electronic form with content and exercises
- Access to repository of course materials, templates, checklists, guides & useful information
- 15 SEUs/PDUs
- 2 year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Recommendation for Certification as a Scrum Master (if you are present in the class in mind and body)
- Personalized list of discussion points for improving your project or organization
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunches and breaks
Book with confidence!
All course dates are guaranteed!
|OUR NEXT 3-DAY WORKSHOPS:||Date||Booking|
|OUR NEXT 2-DAY WORKSHOPS:||Date||Booking|
|Certified Scrum Master – 2 days [200514-CS2] Face2Face or Online|| May 14, 2020 -
May 15, 2020, 09:00 - 17:30
|Book this workshop now|
|Certified Scrum Master – Colombo (200521-CS2-CMB) – Face2Face or Online|| May 21, 2020 -
May 22, 2020, 09:00 - 17:30
|Book this workshop now|
|OUR NEXT ADVANCED WORKSHOPS:||Date||Booking|
|Scrum Master Advanced Master Class [200612-CSA] – Face2Face or Online|| June 12, 2020 -
June 13, 2020, 09:00 - 17:30
|Book this workshop now|
Select the package which meets your needs
|Description||Lowest Price, No changes, no refunds||Booking Flexibility|
|Cancellation allowed||No||Up to 15 days before the workshop, full refund*|
|Change of participant allowed||No||up to 3 days before workshop, no charge|
|Postponement to a later date allowed||No||Up to 15 days before the workshop, subject to availability, no charge*|
|Scrum Alliance Membership, Certification and Test Fees||Included||Included|
|Printed Course Book||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color|
|Electronic Course Materials||Yes||Yes|
|Lunch provided at the Venue||Yes||Yes|
|Advance Purchase Required||2 months/1 month||1 day|
|Payment terms||15 days||30 days|
|Payment with Purchase Order||No||Service Charge Applies|
|Electronic access to all course materials||Yes||Yes|
|Train The Team Discounts||No||Yes|
|Price (per person, excluding VAT)||CHF 2’075.– (book at least 2 months in advance)
CHF 2’375.– (book at least 1 month in advance)
Discounts may apply to Standard Economy tickets. To qualify for a discounted price, on time payment by the date stated in the invoice is required.
Discounts on two-day classes and workshops
We grant discounts of CHF 290 to Students, Unemployed, swissICT members, participants paying with their own money, and Mentoring group members on all tickets except “No Frills”. We also grant “Train the Team” discounts on Standard Economy Packages, depending on the number of people booked and invoiced together:
- 3 to 6 people: CHF 400.– per person
- 7 to 9 people: CHF 500.– per person
- 10 or more people: CHF 600.– per person
To qualify for a train-the-team discount, all participants must be booked at the same time. If after your initial booking, you wish to book additional participants to the same class, the same discount will be applied as for your initial booking.
* Note: Cancellation is not allowed and postponement is limited if a train the team discount was applied.
In general, if multiple discounts would apply, only the most beneficial discount will be applied. Different discounts apply for two-day classes and workshops.
- Understand and apply confidently Scrum and Agile
- Coach your team through all of the events in the Scrum Flow
- Introduce Scrum into your team or organization
- Identify and address impediments to team and individual performance
- Serve as a Scrum Master in your team
- Qualify for Certification as a Certified Scrum Master® (test required)
This course satisfies the 2017 update of the Scrum Alliance CSM Learning Objectives:
- Scrum Foundations
- Lean, Agile, and Scrum
- Agile Facilitation
- Agile Coaching
- Service to the Development Team
- Service to the Product Owner
- Service to the Organization
Sprint 1 – Create the team
- How can we work together more effectively?
- Why Scrum?
- How does Scrum work?
Sprint 2 – Learn the roles
- What happens in Sprint Planning?
- Who is responsible for what in Scrum?
- What does it mean to be agile?
- Problem Solving
Sprint 3 – Scrum flow
- What happens when?
- What does a great Scrum Master do?
- How does a team self-organize?
- How to select the team?
Sprint 4 – Experience a sprint
- Experience a sprint
- How to Improve performance?
- How to apply Scrum to a team of one?
- What to do before you leave class?
This course uses Scrum to inspect and adapt the content based on the needs of the class, so the actual agenda may vary.
Experienced trainer, well-working course, good food for thought¨ — Roland Lüthi in Zürich, August 2018
I thought the class size, room and hotel worked really well. Along with the materials I feel like I received value for money all things considered.
It was an amazing class. I learn a lot about scrum. — Meera Kaneswaran in Zürich, June 2018
Thanks peter ! You are a great mentor, I wish to connect with you in future. — Rahul Rajpal in Delhi, April 2018
Great organizing and outstanding expert. — Naveen Shekar in Bangalore, April 2018
Thanks for a great 3 days – money and time well spent! — participant in Zurich, March 2018
Thank you for these amazing three days. — Stefan Steiner in Zurich, March 2018
I learned A LOT in these three intense days! It was well organized and the program was very diversified. I found the exchanges with the pairing partner very helpful for the learning process. Thank you, Peter! — participant in Bern, January 2018
I enjoyed the course and feel its time well invested.— participant in Zürich, February 2018
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I’m offering is the truth. Nothing more.” — Morpheus in The Matrix.
See more comments and overall satisfaction results here.
Q. Does the class include certification?
The satisfactory completion of this class gives you all the prerequisites to qualify as Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master®. An online test after the class is required. The membership and test fees are included in your course fees. The test can be taken any time within 90 days of finishing the class.
Q. What do I have to do to qualify for certification?
The Scrum Alliance certifies you. The trainer recommends you for certification. For me to recommend you, you must:
- do the introductory reading (approximately 16 pages)
- be physically and mentally present for the entire class. An absence of up to 60 minutes can be permitted, be we may require homework to compensate the missing time.
- attend the last hour of the class.
To be certified, you must
- Agree to sending your contact information to the Scrum Alliance under their terms and conditions (which may not be GPRD compliant).
- Pass the online test within 90 days of taking the class. The Scrum Master test is not hugely difficult, but it does require that you take it seriously.