This is the foundation course for everyone who will be working in a Scrum environment. Current and future ScrumMasters learn the essentials of Scrum and the fundamentals of creating high performance teams. Project Managers start their transition to the Agile approach. Software Developers complete the first steps in their 5 day CSD Certified Scrum Developer certification.
Scrum is a simple team-based framework for solving complex problems (like software development). This course teaches you the mindset and the practices to make a simple vision into reality: That this project can be your best, most successful project ever!
You get an intense, personal training with much opportunity to work with the trainer and in small groups. This course is offered in English on request or German if all participants agree.
|Intense Certified Scrum Master (English) [170622-ICS]|| June 22, 2017 -
June 23, 2017, 09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
|Intense Certified Scrum Master (English) [170831-ICS]|| August 31, 2017 -
September 01, 2017, 09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
|Intense Certified Scrum Master (English) [171207-ICS]|| December 07, 2017 -
December 08, 2017, 09:00 - 18:00
|Book this workshop now|
Certified Scrum Master course: The regular price is CHF 2’250 per person. SwissICT and Impact Hub members qualify for a 20% discount off the quantity one price.
Our team prices can be as low as CHF 1’285 per person, so you can afford to send the whole team and get everyone up to speed quickly with Scrum!
Want to feel the passion about Scrum? Join this course! — Marcel Höppner, haufe-umantis AG, Zurich,
Train the Team!
Especially attractive prices, because everyone in your team needs to understand Scrum! Price per person as low as CHF 1’285.–:
- Teams of 9-10 people – CHF 1’285.–
- Teams of 7-8 people – CHF 1’415.–
- Teams of 4-6 people – CHF 1’595.–
- Teams of 2-3 people – CHF 1’980.–
- Individual – 1 person – CHF 2’250.–
Prices are per person. There is no VAT on courses in Switzerland. (Some fees and extras may apply. See the registration from for details).
Are you are a Scrum Breakfast Club Chapter Member? Then your price is calculated as if you had registered one more person than you actually did. So register one, get the rate for two. Register three people, get the rate for four people!
Not a Scrum Breakfast Club member? You can find out more at ScrumBreakfast.club!
Why do you want to learn Scrum with Peter Stevens?
“My goal is for you to be successful and to have fun, so I take the long view. Your course is the start of a process, not a one-time transaction. So I help you get started, then enable continuing opportunities for you learn, build knowledge, and share experience. No traveling trainer can offer you the same support.” (Want to learn more about me? Let me introduce myself!)
Members of the PMI can claim 15 PDUs for successful completion of this course and apply this course towards meeting the requirement of the ACP. This course also counts for SEUs toward the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional.
What do recent participants say about this course?
If you want not only to learn about Scrum, but experience it, then this is the course to book! — Hartmuth Gieldanowski, Zurich, February 3-4, 2014Want to feel the passion about Scrum? Join this course! — Marcel Höppner, haufe-umantis AG, Zurich, May 28-29, 2015
This course is not just about preparing for a certification. It gives you a real taste of how you will be able to implement Scrum in your company! — Olivier Donatch, Zurich, May 28-29, 2015
If you want an entertaining and professional experience in Scrum, don’t hesitate! — A CSM Course Participant, Zurich, February 3-4, 2014
This course helped me get into Scrum in the only possible way – with Agility! — Jacques Panchard, Zurich, February 3-4, 2014
Sehr viel Praxis, Empfehlung, Vermittlung von Erfahrungen… weniger “reine” Theorie. — A CSM Course Participant, December 9-10, 2013
“Very clarifying and direct to the real problems of doing Scrum in the Software Development Business” — Tobias Abarbanell, CSM In-House Course Participant, Portugal, July 1-3, 2013
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I’m offering is the truth. Nothing more.” Morpheus in The Matrix.
See more comments and overall satisfaction results here.
- Scrum Principles and Values
- Scrum Roles – Product Owner, Scrum Master, Development Team
- Scrum Meetings, Sprint Planning & Review, Daily Scrum, Retrospective
- Scrum Artifacts – Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Product Increment
- Significance of “Definition of Done”
- User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Release Estimating and Planning with Story Points
- Hands-on experience doing Scrum
Day 1 – Scrum Values and Principles
- What makes an ideal project?
- What is Scrum in 25 words or less?
- Why is Scrum so different than traditional project management?
- How and why does Scrum work?
- What does it feel like to be in a Scrum Project?
- How do you really do Scrum?
- Why is focus essential to performance and success?
Day 2 – Scrum Core Practices and other Well Known Agile Practices
- What are the roles in Scrum and how to they relate to established job functions?
- What do managers do in a Scrum organization?
- How do you specify and estimate work?
- How do you plan and monitor a release? How do you hit a deadline?
- How do you improve team performance with Scrum?
- How do you handle big, distributed projects in Scrum? (Scaling)
- How do you get started with Scrum? Sprint Zero and your first sprint.
“It is important to read about Scrum before you come to the course….” — Ismael Saleh, Zürich, December 9-10, 2013
No special prerequisites. Familiarity with IT and/or Software Development Projects is helpful. All participants are expected to read a 10 page excerpt of “Do Better Scrum” by Peter Hundermark.
- Location: Normally Schulungsraum zum Talgarten unless a larger room is needed, in which case we use a hotel near Technopark. See the course registration page for details.
- Duration: 2 days.
- Course language: en/de = English unless everyone in the room wants German.
- Coffee & Registration: 8.45am
- Begin: 9.00am
- End: 18.00 (6pm)