Certified Scrum Master Training: Foundations of High-Performance Teams
A course for anyone involved in a Scrum Project
ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Managers, Developers, Testers, Change Agents, Business Analysts, Consultant, Project and Program Managers
How do you know if this workshop is for you?
Would you like to…
- Apply Scrum or Agile in your team(s) or project?
- Deliver something to your customers or stakeholders?
- Improve the reliability, predictability, and performance of your development efforts?
- Reduce the noise and other impediments to project success?
- Become part of the world’s largest most active Scrum community?
This course is ideal for you if:
- You suffer constantly changing and conflicting priorities
- Your timelines shift and interruptions are frequent
- Your organization doesn’t want to change
- You are under pressure to deliver faster or to use Scrum and Agile
- You are not getting the quality or the performance you want from Scrum or Agile
- You’d like work to be more fun
What this workshop is and is not
- Is a three-day interactive, face-to-face workshop
- Is taught by Peter Stevens, an active practitioner of Scrum and Agile
- Is about helping you achieve your goals in an agile context
- Does not put you through “death by PowerPoint”
- Is not trying to sell you on Scrum or Agile
This workshop will be fun, interactive and informative, and often sells out!
Free gifts: Help convincing your Stakeholders
What you get
In this program you get access to:
- Three-day face-to-face training with Peter Stevens, Certified Scrum Trainer®
- 100 page Participant’s handbook in printed and electronic form with content and exercises
- Access to repository of course materials, templates, checklists, guides & useful information
- 22 SEUs/PDUs
- 2 year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Recommendation for Certification as a Scrum Master (if you meet the conditions)
- A personalized list of discussion points for improving your project or organization
- Certificate of attendance
Optional services. Depending on the package select, you may also get:
- Lunch at the venue
- Right to change or rebook your class
- Support for your voyage: 1, 6 or 12 months access to Peter Stevens’ Online Group Mentoring Programm
- Access to Peter Stevens’s Agile Retreats
- A private online mentoring session with Peter Stevens
Book with confidence!
All course dates are guaranteed!
|No-Frills||Standard Economy||Premium Economy||Standard Business Service||Extended Business Service|
|Description||Lowest Price, No frills, No changes, no cancellations||Booking Flexibility||Support for your first step on the road to a high performance team||Support on the road to a high performance team||Long Term Support on the road to a high performance team|
|Scrum Alliance Membership and Test Fees||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Printed Course Book||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color||Yes, Full Color|
|Lunch provided at the Venue||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Advance Purchase Required||60 days||1 day||1 day||1 day||1 day|
|Payment by credit card||No extra charges||No extra charges||No extra charges||No extra charges||No extra charges|
|Payment with Purchase Order||No||No||Possible||Possible||Possible|
|Electronic access to all course materials||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Online Group Mentoring with Peter Stevens||No||No||One Session||6 Sessions||12 Sessions|
|Weekend Agile Retreat||No||No||390.-||up to 1||up to 2|
|Online One-on-One Mentoring with Peter Stevens||No||No||No||No||One 50-Minute Session|
|Freed from VAT||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Price||CHF 1’875.–||CHF 2’975.–||CHF 3’075.–||CHF 3’875.–||CHF 5’375.–|
Prices exclude VAT where applicable. Discounts may apply on all tickets except “No Frills”.
We grant discounts of CHF 590 to Students, Unemployed, swissICT members, self-payers, and Mentoring group members on all tickets except “No Frills”. We also grant “Train the Team” discounts on Standard and Premium Economy Packages, depending on the number of people booked and invoiced together:
- 3 to 6 people: CHF 690.– per person
- 7 to 9 people: CHF 910.– per person
- 10 or more people: CHF 1’100.– per person
To qualify for a train-the-team discount, all participants must be booked at the same time. If after your initial booking, you wish to book additional participants to the same class, the same discount will be applied as for your initial booking.
In general, if multiple discounts would apply, only the most beneficial discount will be applied.
- Understand and apply confidently Scrum and Agile
- Coach your team through all of the events in the Scrum Flow
- Introduce Scrum into your team or organization
- Identify and address impediments to team and individual performance
- Serve as a Scrum Master in your team
- Qualify for Certification as a Certified Scrum Master® (test required)
This course satisfies the 2017 update of the Scrum Alliance CSM Learning Objectives:
- Scrum Foundations
- Lean, Agile, and Scrum
- Agile Facilitation
- Agile Coaching
- Service to the Development Team
- Service to the Product Owner
- Service to the Organization
Day 1 – Scrum Foundations
- What Are The Core Principles Of Scrum?
- How Does A Team Self Organize?
- How Does Scrum Work (in 10 Minutes)?
- How Is Scrum Different? – Architecture
- When Is Something (really) Done?
- Who Is Responsible For What?
- What Happens When?
- How To Organize Work? – The Task-board
- How To Monitor Progress? -Burn up or burn down charts
Day 2 – The Scrum Master, Coaching and Facilitation
- What does a Scrum Master do?
- What does a Scrum Master not do?
- What are the qualities of a good Scrum Master?
- What Does A Great Scrum Master Do?
- How to coach people
- How To React To Change?
- How To Facilitate A Retrospective
Day 3 – Service to the Team, the Product Owner and the Organization
- How can a team improve it's performance?
- How to get stakeholders to agree on priorities?
- How Is Scrum Different? – Mindset
- Experience A Sprint
- When Is Scrum The Right Framework?
- Transfer – What To Do Before You Leave The Class?
Experienced trainer, well-working course, good food for thought¨ — Roland Lüthi in Zürich, August 2018
I thought the class size, room and hotel worked really well. Along with the materials I feel like I received value for money all things considered.
It was an amazing class. I learn a lot about scrum. — Meera Kaneswaran in Zürich, June 2018
Thanks peter ! You are a great mentor, I wish to connect with you in future. — Rahul Rajpal in Delhi, April 2018
Great organizing and outstanding expert. — Naveen Shekar in Bangalore, April 2018
Thanks for a great 3 days – money and time well spent! — participant in Zurich, March 2018
Thank you for these amazing three days. — Stefan Steiner in Zurich, March 2018
I learned A LOT in these three intense days! It was well organized and the program was very diversified. I found the exchanges with the pairing partner very helpful for the learning process. Thank you, Peter! — participant in Bern, January 2018
I enjoyed the course and feel its time well invested.— participant in Zürich, February 2018
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I’m offering is the truth. Nothing more.” — Morpheus in The Matrix.
See more comments and overall satisfaction results here.
Q. Does the class include certification?
The satisfactory completion of this class gives you all the prerequisites to qualify as Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master®. An online test after the class is required. The membership and test fees are included in your course fees. The test can be taken any time within 90 days of finishing the class.