Are you a consultant or contractor or someone else who can’t take time off from work to attend a course? This course is for you! A course on Saturday and Sunday, with a special low price for very early bookers. The course start earlier, to finish earlier, so you can get to your evening activities on Saturday (but don’t overdo it, because Sunday starts early)!
“This workshop was a great experience! If I could, I would send the management and sales people to take this course too!”
– Andreas Zolliker, Software Engineer and Intense CSM Course Participant, Zurich, August 21, 2013
Learn Scrum by doing Scrum in a course managed with Scrum!
What do recent participants say about this course?
If you want not only to learn about Scrum, but experience it, then this is the course to book! — Hartmuth Gieldanowski, Zurich, February 3-4, 2014
If you want an entertaining and professional experience in Scrum, don’t hesitate! – A CSM Course Participant, Zurich, February 3-4, 2014
This course helped me get into Scrum in the only possible way – with Agility! — Jacques Panchard, Zurich, February 3-4, 2014
Sehr viel Praxis, Empfehlung, Vermittlung von Erfahrungen… weniger “reine” Theorie. — A CSM Course Participant, December 9-10, 2013
“Very clarifying and direct to the real problems of doing Scrum in the Software Development Business” – Tobias Abarbanell, CSM In-House Course Participant, Portugal, July 1-3, 2013
Certified ScrumMaster Courses
|Intense Certified Scrum Master (En/De)||Apr 14,2014 9:00 am||-||Apr 15,2014 6:00 pm|
|Intense Certified Scrum Master (En/De)||May 19,2014 9:00 am||-||May 20,2014 6:00 pm|
|Weekend CSM (En/De)||Jun 14,2014 8:00 am||-||Jun 15,2014 5:00 pm|
|Intense Certified Scrum Master (En/De)||Jul 7,2014 9:00 am||-||Jul 8,2014 6:00 pm|
For the conditions of our Intense CSM Certified Scrum Master course, see the regular announcement!
Scrum is a simple team-based framework for solving complex problems (like software development). This course teaches you the mindset and the practices to make a simple vision into reality: That this project can be your best, most successful project ever!
You get an intense, personal training with much opportunity to work with the trainer and in small groups. This course is offered in German and English.
As an experienced Scrum coach, trainer and mentor with a passion for helping organizations transform themselves to thrive in the 21st century, Peter Stevens have been training Scrum Masters, Scrum Developers and Scrum Product Owners in Switzerland and abroad since 2008. His coaching focus is on transforming organizations. “I teach teams, their leaders, their management and their stakeholders to do Scrum well, to understand Scrum deeply, and to live Scrum values.”
Peter is an engaged leader of the Agile community in Switzerland and worldwide. Most recently, he initiated the Stoos Gathering, an interdisciplinary summit to catalyze a lasting change in business management along Agile principles.
This Certified Scrum Master (CSM) course is intended for anyone involved in a Scrum Project, e.g. Developers, ScrumMasters, Product-Owners, Managers, Testers, Change Agents, Business Analysts, Project and Program Managers.
“It is important to read about Scrum before you come to the course….” — Ismael Saleh, Zürich, December 9-10, 2013
No special prerequisites. Familiarity with IT and/or Software Development Projects is helpful. All participants are expected to read a 10 page excerpt of “Do Better Scrum” by Peter Hundermark.
- Scrum Principles and Values
- Scrum Roles – Product Owner, Scrum Master, Development Team
- Scrum Meetings, Sprint Planning & Review, Daily Scrum, Retrospective
- Scrum Artifacts – Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Product Increment
- Significance of “Definition of Done”
- User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Release Estimating and Planning with Story Points
- Hands-on experience doing Scrum
Day 1 – Scrum Values and Principles
- What makes an ideal project?
- What is Scrum in 25 words or less?
- Why is Scrum so different than traditional project management?
- How and why does Scrum work?
- What does it feel like to be in a Scrum Project?
- How do you really do Scrum?
- Why is focus essential to performance and success?
Day 2 – Scrum Core Practices and other Well Known Agile Practices
- What are the roles in Scrum and how to they relate to established job functions?
- What do managers do in a Scrum organization?
- How do you specify and estimate work?
- How do you plan and monitor a release? How do you hit a deadline?
- How do you improve team performance with Scrum?
- How do you handle big, distributed projects in Scrum? (Scaling)
- How do you get started with Scrum? Sprint Zero and your first sprint.
- Location: Training Room “Zürich-West”, Hardturmstrasse 181, CH-8005 Zürich
- Duration: 2 days.
- Course language is English on request, German on consensus.
- Coffee & Registration: 8.00am
- Begin: 8.30am (prompt!)
- End: 17.00 (5pm)
This course is held monthly in Zurich. All dates are guaranteed (even if you are the only participant).
All participants who actively participate in the entire course receive a confirmation of participation and qualify for Certification as a ScrumMaster by the Scrum Alliance. An additional test is required (which you can take from home on the web). The test fee and membership in the Scrum Alliance are included in your course costs.
Members of the PMI can claim 15 PDUs for successful completion of this course and apply this course towards meeting the requirement of the ACP.
Weekend CSM Pricing
Super Early Bird: CHF 1’800.– until April 14, 2014! No discounts apply.
Early bird: CHF 2’250.–, Regular CHF 2’450.– per person. SwissICT rebate CHF 450.– per person.
For regular Intensive CSM courses, see the regular announcement.
The MasterClass Workshop on Scrum, Vision and Performance enables you to understand and improve the performance of your team in your organization, given that you are doing Scrum.
You may book master classes individually or together with a CSM or CSPO class at a discount.